7on7 Okoboji Shootout
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Bedell Family YMCA
1900 41st Street
Spirit Lake, Iowa
The 7on7 Okoboji Shootout is a fast-paced, passing tournament designed to bring the top high school teams together for a day of team building and intense competition. Athletes will learn offensive and defensive passing skills taught by college coaches from all over the Midwest while competing for yearlong bragging rights.
NEW: The 7on7 Okoboji Shootout has expanded to include a Junior Varsity division.
When: Sunday, June 28, 2015
Where: Bedell Family YMCA, Spirit Lake, Iowa
Who: Open to any and all high school players entering grades 9-12
Cost: $300 per team. Registration is required by Sunday, June 21, 2015 for bracket set-up.
What’s Included: A day of intense and fun competition as well as instruction by some of the top college coaches in the Midwest. Minimum of 4 games. Lunch. Nike LWFA Drawstring Bag.
Capacity: Register today! Tournament space is limited to the first 20 teams registered.
Each team is guaranteed to compete in a minimum of 4 games. Teams must consist of a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 15, all entering grades 9-12, at tournament start. Each team is limited to 3 coaches and must have at least 1 adult coach present during the tournament to be eligible for competition. Teams must be registered together by a coach or team captain. Due to time constraints a camper will not be able to participate in both the 7on7 Okoboji Shootout and the Boji Big Man Challenge.
7on7 Quick Hits
- Offensive Unit will be composed of 1 QB, 1 Center & 5 Receivers (any combination of RBs, WRs, & TEs)
- Defensive Unit will be composed of either 4 DBs & 3 LBs OR 5 DBs & 2 LBs
- Field Dimensions; length = 45 yards long; width = 120 feet wide, end zone = 10 yards deep
- Scoring; 6 points for a TD / 1 point for a PAT from 3 yard line / 2 points from a PAT from 10 yard line / 2 points for INT by the defense and play will be blown dead
- No Blocking; Offensive Center is not an eligible receiver
- All rules are subject to change